How to Tighten Loose Skin on the Face and Neck Without Surgery
Believe it or not, the sole answer to how to tighten loose skin used to be surgery. Thankfully, these days, you can now look like your younger self with non-invasive skin tightening options.
We understand that choosing from the number of options available may look like a tricky thing. However, it’s up to you to do your due diligence. Depending on the characteristics of the treatment area, you may have to go for one skin tightening treatment over the other.
To do that correctly, you need information on how the different types of skin tightening treatments work. This is the information we are going to provide with this article. Here, we are going to explore how to tighten loose skin without surgery, particularly on the face and neck.
Why Should You Consider Tightening Loose Skin on the Face and Neck Without Surgery?
Tightening loose skin on your face and neck with non-invasive treatment options comes with a lot of benefits. However, it’s not all rainbows and unicorns. There are still a few side effects to consider.
In our expert opinion, we believe the pros of non-invasive skin tightening treatments far outweigh the cons. Here’s what we mean:
- It is useful in tightening mildly or moderately saggy skin on your face and neck.
- Non-invasive skin tightening procedures have little or no downtime.
- The risks of side effects or complications are ridiculously low.
- The procedures are not time-consuming. Some can take as little as 15 minutes.
- You can enjoy results that mirror your younger skin for up to 12 months
- Some of the procedures also help with body contouring and fat reduction.
- Procedures are effective irrespective of skin tone, skin type, age, or gender.
There are a few downsides to the procedure if you’re considering how to tighten your loose skin without surgery.
- Non-invasive procedures may not be effective for people with advanced skin wrinkles
- The results are not drastic. It may take up to a month for the results to be obvious.
- The procedures require multiple treatment sessions to achieve long-term results.
- Even after multiple sessions, you may still need regular maintenance sessions.
- Side effects like redness, swelling, numbness, tingling sensation and minor bruising are possible. However, most of these will resolve in a day or two after the procedure.
How Do You Prepare for Your Skin Tightening Procedure?
The first step is to find a provider of skin tightening treatments in Ontario. This may be a medical spa near you or any other licensed clinic.
During a consultation session with a highly trained medical aesthetician, you will be talked through the various available options. Here is where you get to ask those difficult questions.
It’s also an opportunity to talk about your concerns and medical history. You can also sort out the best time for your appointment.
Before showing up for a skin tightening procedure, here’s what you need to do.
- Stop taking NSAIDs like aspirin, ibuprofen for at least two weeks before the procedure. These drugs may prevent clotting and will increase the risk of bleeding.
- Stop or take a break from smoking from about a month before your procedure. This ensures better treatment outcomes and collagen production.
- Do not use retinol and glycolic skin products for up to a week to your appointment. They can increase the risk of developing side effects with some procedures.
- If applicable, do not shave your beards or any other treatment site on the day of the procedure.
- Drink enough water to help you stay hydrated through the procedure.
You may also need to stop using some skincare products or procedures a couple of weeks before your procedure.
- Chemical peels
- Aggressive modes of exfoliation
- Laser therapy
- Dermal fillers
Non-invasive skin tightening treatments are usually out-patient procedures.
Related Article: Venus Viva Skin Resurfacing in Newmarket: Results and What to Expect
What Should You Expect after Non-surgical Skin Tightening?
As you have seen, non-surgical skin tightening procedures do not come with downtime. You can resume your normal activities immediately after the procedure. If there should be any restrictions to your activities, your medical aesthetician will disclose them.
You may experience some redness, edema (swelling), and numbness or tingling sensation at the treatment site. These are only transient and should generally not be of great concern. If these signs persist longer than expected, you should reach out to your treatment provider.
We do not typically expect pain during or after the procedure. If you do feel pain and it is significant enough, you should contact your aesthetician.
Immediately after the procedure, you may notice some changes in your skin. Your skin may tone better, and your skin texture will definitely show some improvement. The desired results, however, do not happen immediately. It may take 2-3 months of continued therapy. This is largely because it takes time to produce the collagen fibres your skin needs to get tighter.
How long the result lasts depend on a number of factors, including the:
- The service provider.
- The type of non-invasive procedure.
- The part of the body treated.
- Your age.
- Your skin type.
- Exposure to other elements that affect collagen like smoking, sunlight, sugar, and refined carbs.
- Stress level and diet, etc.
Generally, we expect the result to last up to 12 months or more in some people. As such, we recommend you schedule some maintenance sessions after the regular course of treatment. This will make the results last longer.
How To Make Your Non-surgical Skin Tightening Result Last Longer?
During and while undergoing skin tightening, you can do a few things to improve the results of the procedure. Start by reducing sugar consumption and refined carbs.
- If you are not using an appropriate sunscreen, stay away from excessive sunlight
- Consume healthy meals
- Cut down or totally stop smoking
- Get good sleep
- Reduce stress, if possible.
- Regular physical exercises
What Are the Treatment Options for Skin Tightening Without Surgery?
There are many ways to tighten loose skin without surgery. The various non-surgical procedures for skin tightening work using different principles. However, most of the time, the end goal of the treatment is to stimulate the production of collagen fibres and elastin.
When ageing, among other factors, affects the production of collagen and elastin, your skin will lose its elasticity and smoothness. Collagen is responsible for maintaining the structure of the skin. It keeps your skin firm.
On the other hand, elastin is responsible for maintaining the elasticity of the skin. By stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, you can have your younger look back.
Here, we will be classifying how to tighten loose skin without surgery into three broad groups. Treatments that fall under the same group may share similar principles and techniques.
- Ultrasound: These treatment options for skin tightening target the deepest layer of the skin (dermis) with ultrasonic energy. This stimulates the production of new collagen fibres. Steadily, the fibres raise and tighten the skin of the treated site. Examples of ultrasound options for non-surgical skin tightening include Ultherapy, VaserShape, and Venus Legacy.
- Radiofrequency (RF): Radiofrequency techniques generate heat using targeted radiofrequency energy to stimulate the production of collagen. Unlike other techniques, some radiofrequency therapies can cause low levels of pain. There are additional benefits to using radiofrequency. It can be used to manage some other skin problems. Examples of RF therapies include Venus Viva, Thermage, Pelleve, etc.
- IPL/BBL: How to tighten loose skin without surgery can involve the use of intense pulsed light and broadband light. The technique delivers a broad-spectrum light pulse. Some experts also refer to it as a photo facial. It is also useful in treating spots, stretch marks, acne, etc. Examples of photo facial therapies are Titan, Halo.
We will explore some specific treatments under each of them. Some other therapies combine two of these mechanisms to achieve optimal results. Examples are VelaShape and Exilis.
This of your best options if you are looking for how to tighten loose skin on the neck and face. Ultherapy has fast become one of the commonest and most reliable ways to achieve a younger look non-surgically.
So far, it’s reputation is leading to good standing for non-invasive face lifting procedures, with a good proportion of users seeing the results within 2 to 3 months. It is also useful for fine lines and wrinkles on the face, jawline, neck, and chest.
Ultherapy uses focused ultrasound energy to stimulate the generation of collagen in the deep layers of the skin. Just like when you go for an ultrasound scan, an operator can use this energy to visualize the layers of your skin. With this guidance, they can focus the ultrasound energy into the deep layers of the skin.
The areas Ultherapy is most effective are:
- The face
- The neck
- The chest/decolletage
- Beneath the chin
What Does the Ultherapy Procedure Look Like?
When you show up for your appointment, come without makeup. Otherwise, you will have to wipe it at the spa.
A technician will make sure the treatment site is clean and dry — free of oil. Afterwards, they will apply a special ultrasound gel to the area. Then, a trained medical aesthetician will hold the Ultherapy device against the treatment area.
An ultrasound viewer will guide the configuration of the device to target the deeper layer of your skin. Then, a medical aesthetician will direct ultrasound energy to the appropriate points.
You will gradually start to feel some warmth beneath your skin. If the discomfort gets unbearable, it’s possible to adjust the configuration or apply a topical anesthetic to the treatment area.
During each session, a trained medical aesthetician will shoot the ultrasound energy at two depths into the skin. The first go only 3mm into the skin. The other goes 1.5mm deeper than the first to reach the SMAS layer. The superficial musculoaponeurotic system (SMAS) is a thin layer of tissues covering some areas of the face.
The duration of the procedure depends on the size of the area. However, most of the time, it’s possible to do it within an hour. It even takes less if the treatment area is the chest.
How Much Do Ultherapy Treatments Cost?
If you are looking for how to tighten loose skin without surgery, you should be ready for the cost. The prices of skin tightening using Ultherapy are a function of the following.
- The facility and quality
- The number of sessions required
- The area of skin to be treated
Most providers charge in packages based on the number of sessions for each part of the skin they treat.
One of the emerging non-invasive procedures for skin tightening is Venus Viva. It is an example of a radiofrequency (RF) treatment option. It, however, harnesses the innovative power of nano-fractional RF and SmartScan. Little wonder this relatively new procedure is raising the bar for other non-invasive skin tightening options.
Venus Viva works to counteract the action of ageing on your skin. It provides a great improvement to your skin tone, firmness, elasticity, and texture.
Asides from skin tightening to remove mild to moderate skin wrinkles, Venus Viva is useful for:
- Stretch marks.
- Enlarged pores.
- Small scars and spots.
- Irregular skin texture.
- Uneven skin pigmentation, especially hyperpigmentation.
- Periorbital dark circles (dark circles under the eyes).
Venus Viva is very versatile, and there are additional benefits when you choose the procedure for skin tightening. By altering the configurations, your beauty care provider can set the amount, speed, and delivery of the nano-fractional radiofrequency energy.
What Does Using the Venus Viva Look Like?
Like most other ways to tighten loose skin without surgery, Venus Viva stimulates the production of collagen. In addition, the deep heating effects promote the normal skin exfoliation process. This happens without causing any heat damage to the outer skin.
Venus Viva for skin tightening involves using a handy device with nano-fractional (extremely tiny) pins. Unlike micro-needling treatments, these treatments do not poke the skin, as seen in micro-needling treatments. Instead, they deliver nano-fractional radiofrequency energy to the deepest layers of the skin.
It is not uncommon to feel some slight inconvenience from mild pain. But it is nothing you can’t bear. If this is the case, you should let the medical aesthetician know if the pain or heat is too uncomfortable. Then, the operator can ease the application or regulate the configuration. They may also apply some numbing cream over the treatment site.
When they place the device against the treatment site, you may experience a gentle prick and some pressure. Next, you will begin to feel your skin warm up from the inside. It is up to your treatment care provider to ensure the even distribution of the RF energy over the treatment area. This is possible via a thorough administration of the device. The device may stay longer in some places that need more attention.
It is a pretty quick procedure, which we can conclude in 20 minutes. The time spent mostly depends on the size of the treatment area and how extensive you need the treatment to be.
What Should You Expect with the Procedure?
Like other non-invasive treatments, you should not apply moisturizer, cream, or wear makeup before the procedure. Likewise, do not wait until the treatment day before you shave the area to be treated.
For optimal results, you may require more than one Venus Viva treatment session. Most clients have 3-4 sessions. It can be more or less, depending on your discretion. Usually, it’s best for your medical aesthetician to make a recommendation based on the area to be treated and the extent of skin loosening. The sessions can be monthly — just about 4 weeks between each session.
After the procedure, the treated area will be red warm. All things being equal, this should subside in a few hours or by the end of the day.
Unlike most other non-invasive procedures, there is usually a need for downtime with Venus Viva. This, generally, should not take more than 24 hours. If the treatment is more intensive than regular, it may take longer — a couple of more days to a week.
Importantly, you should not perform strenuous exercises or take hot baths within the first couple of days following your non-invasive treatments.
Here is a little hack for you if you feel some discomfort after the procedure. Fresh air over the treatment site will provide a lot of relief. Try not to touch or rub the treatment site. It may make the discomfort worse. You can use sunscreen 24 hours after the procedure.
Related Article: Results to Expect From Professional Skin Tightening Treatments
How Much Do Venus Viva Treatments Cost?
The pricing of skin tightening using Venus Viva treatments are a function of the following.
- The facility and quality of the treatment.
- The number of sessions required to achieve the desired results.
- The area of skin to be treated
- If there are other skin problems
Most providers charge in packages based on the number of sessions for each part of the skin they treat. It is usually more economical in the long run.
Tighten Saggy Skin With These Treatments
Venus Viva is perhaps the most effective way to tighten loose skin without surgery. However, it’s not the only available treatment option. In the article, we also shine a light on Ultherapy and other treatment options.
These procedures are a lot less risky than surgical facelifts. More crucially, they come with little or no downtime. If your loose skin is giving you some concerns, it is something you can fix. Contact Canada MedLaser to discuss with a highly trained medical aesthetician today!
- Acne Scars
- Acne Treatment
- Age Spots
- Anti-Aging Treatments
- Bikini Line Hair Removal
- Botox Brow Lift
- Botox for Forehead
- Brazilian Laser Hair Removal
- Canada MedLaser
- Cellulite Removal
- Chemical Peel
- Chemical Peels
- Cosmetic Injectables
- Dark Circles
- Dark Circles Treatment
- Dermal Fillers
- Dermaroller Canada
- Double Chin Removal
- Dry skin
- Face Fillers
- Face Sculpting
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Forehead wrinkles
- Hair Growth Treatment
- Hair Removal
- Hair Transplant
- Laser Hair Removal