Laser Hair Removal in Toronto
Canada Medlaser Clinics is the place to go for laser therapy in Toronto and the GTA because we are devoted to what we do and love bringing joy to others around us. *Lasers are amazing for treating excessive hair or looking younger and feeling better. Laser hair removal is something that can be done with ease to get *lasting results. We do hair removal procedures both for men and women and we are proud to see good results in *all cases.Contact Us
I have been a client here for almost 3 years.Mabel is amazing!! First I came here for laser hair removal and the result is great. I can finally enjoy summer without covering myself. From my laser hair removal experience, I know this is a place I can trust. Now I am here also getting acne treatment and I have seen improvement in my skin. I definitely recommend this place!
I've been a client of CML for a couple of years now and just finished my most recent treatment program. I am very satisfied with the results. The staff is professional and knowledgeable, and the facility is welcoming and comfortable. I am definitely open to working with the clinic in the future and I highly recommend it to others. My suggestion for new clients is to ask questions and lots of them. Make sure you know how long the treatment or series of treatments is going to take and what the recovery process (if any) will entail. The staff has taken care of me very well.
I've been coming here for over a year for laser hair removal. Great results and Mabel is so lovely. Highly recommend!
I have been going to Canada Medlaser for laser hair removal. I have been to other places that did not work, and I saw results within one treatment! The staff are friendly and they make the environment very comfortable. I have referred a number of friends and they are all happy with the services as well!
I have been going to Canada med laser for photo rejuvenation and chemical peels for over a year and have seen an improvement to my skin pigmentation. I've been to many med spas in yorkville for almost 10 years, but this place is very clean, organized (love them for using the mind body app and email reminders), with a very professional staff and well priced. They don't try to wring money out of you and are focused on results. I love that they have a results guarantee, and they took photos to track progress. The Director Margarita is very knowledgable and professional. Edit May 2018: my acne has cleared up (I wasn’t being treated for acne), my skin tone is so even and smooth. I get compliments constantly. I am very happy with them! They are moving soon further away and will check out their new venue to decide to continue with them or not.
I really like coming here every time even though laser hair removal hurts so much. The staff are so, so friendly, and a pleasure to talk to. In the beginning, they'll tell you laser doesn't hurt so you buy the product, which is a silly sales pitch. It will indeed hurt, but it also does work. And they can give you different creams and ointments to help with the pain. Well worth it, in my experience.
Look Younger with Laser Treatment
To look younger, take a look at our list of anti-aging treatments that will blow the mind. We make wrinkles and fine lines, dark spots and discoloration look unnoticeable and gradually disappear. Laser medicine services in Toronto can solve a lot of issues and problems, so make sure to give a try.
Besides focusing on face, laser therapy can be good for *body to help get rid of stretch marks and scars, pigmented skin and vascular lesions. We also do skin tightening and cellulite reductions so get a consultation right now.
FAQs About Laser Hair Removal
Will I see results right away?
Hair growth happens in *several phases, lasting for a total of *several weeks. Laser hair removal targets hair that is in the phase of active growth. Within a few days of first session, one will start to see some hair loss in the area being treated. After a few weeks, as other follicles enter the growth phase, will see the growth of new hairs. These are the ones that will be targeted during the second and subsequent sessions. The amount of hair growth after each session will be progressively less and less.
*The prominent and quick results will be seen if maintain a regular appointment schedule. By waiting *four to six weeks for facial hair removal and six to eight weeks for hair on other parts of the body, we can get to all of the hairs that are in different stages of growth.
What is laser hair removal and how does it work?
Whether man or a woman, probably pondered the inconvenience of removing unwanted body or facial hair more than once. Shaving face or legs can be time-consuming and expensive, and we’ve all felt the pain inflicted by the knick of a razor. And when try alternative methods, such depilatory creams or waxing, one may find oneself dealing with skin rashes or pain. All that, only for the hair to start growing back soon.
One can say goodbye to the hassle by booking a series of laser hair removal treatments, which will gradually stop hair in the targeted area from growing. This method centres around the fact that melanin, or pigment, contained within the hair follicles attract and absorb light. Through targeted use of the laser, the hair follicle is damaged, and over time, it loses the ability to grow new hair.
Each treatment takes anywhere from a *few minutes to a couple of hours, depending on the surface area being treated and the density and coarseness of the hair that is growing there. During sessions, a laser is guided over the targeted area. Before, during and after the treatment, skin is cooled to minimize discomfort and to prevent damage to the skin cells.
Laser hair removal is *long lasting, which means there will no longer have to waste time and money on shaving or other short-term hair removal methods. At most, it might need a touch-up appointment about once a year.
Is laser hair removal right for me?
- *Hair colour vs. skin tone. Traditionally, laser hair removal *works good when there is a contrast between skin tone and hair colour, where the hair is darker. It works by targeting melanin, which is present in both hair and skin. Individuals with darker complexions are therefore at risk of cell damage in the skin cells surrounding the hair follicle. However, new laser technology makes it possible to safely perform laser hair removal on these patients, by using less intense wavelengths that do not damage the skin. The entire process is done more gradually than it is for other patients, with appointments spaced over a longer period of time.
- *Hair colour. Brown and black hair gets its colour from a pigment called eumelanin, which responds well to laser. By contrast, red and blonde hair, which contains pheomelanin, is not responsive, and is therefore not suitable for laser hair removal treatment. Gray hair lacks pigment and is therefore not suitable either. We encourage patients with red, blonde or gray hair to come and see us, so that we can discuss alternative hair removal methods.
- *The body part being targeted. Laser hair removal works on almost every part of the body. Men tend to use it mostly for the chest, back and shoulders. Women choose it for their arms, legs, underarms, bikini area and face. Laser hair removal is not recommended for the inside of the nose or ears, or for the eyebrows.
- *Since tattoos are created from the insertion of pigment into the skin, laser hair removal can damage the skin cells and alter the appearance of the tattoo. Some patients who have attempted laser hair removal on a tattooed area have reported blistering, pain and infection. Therefore, we do not recommend laser hair removal treatment on tattooed skin.
- *Skin sensitivity. Having sensitive skin does not automatically disqualify from laser hair removal treatments. However, we recommend a patch test that will enable us to determine how skin would respond. In some cases, we may use a more gradual process over a longer period of time.
Is laser hair removal safe and does it hurt?
Laser hair removal carries a small risk of damage to skin cells, particularly in individuals whose skin tone is similar to their hair colour. However, this risk is mitigated in a number of ways:
- *We never commence treatment without doing a thorough assessment that includes an analysis of skin and hair type, the results to accomplish, and any medical conditions or treatments that might be relevant.
- *For some patients, we use a longer wavelength that poses less risk to the skin.
- *In some circumstances, we will space treatments out over a longer period of time.
- *We cool the skin before, during and after each session. Not only does this reduce discomfort, it protects the skin from damage.
Laser hair removal is generally not painful, but some parts of the body are more sensitive than others. The bikini area, for example, may be prone to more discomfort than the arms or legs. Topical numbing creams can be applied to these areas before and after treatment. Shaving the area prior to the session may also help. Although hair needs to be present in the follicles in order for the treatment to work, having the hair as short as possible may make the procedure more comfortable.
Since laser hair removal is a non-surgical procedure that involves minimal pain, it is done without the use of anaesthesia or pain medication. Therefore, the risk of medical complications is minimum. At most, one may experience mild discomfort such as *itching or burning. For patients with highly sensitive skin, we can apply a topical anaesthetic.
As with any procedure, it is important to follow the post-treatment care instructions that are provided. General care instructions include the following:
- *Reduce exposure to the sun. If it is unavoidable, protect the skin with loose clothing and/or sunscreen.
- *Avoid getting new tattoos on the affected area until *several weeks after the final treatment.
- *Avoid the use of lotion and skin care products that may cause the skin to be more sensitive. Some fabrics and laundry detergents can also increase skin sensitivity.
What equipment do we use?
At Canada MedLaser clinics, we use the latest in laser hair removal technology. The Candela GentleMax Pro machine is our number one choice for many reasons, including the following:
- *The incorporation of two technologies means that almost any skin type can be treated
- *The machine is faster than others on the market, with lasers that pulse twice per second. This means that for many individuals, we can accomplish the desired results in shorter sessions.
- *Although the number of sessions varies depending on the patient’s skin type and pigmentation, in most cases individuals only need four to six sessions.
- *There is no mess! Gone are the days of sticky gels that are a headache to clean off.
- *Treatments are virtually pain-free – most patients need no numbing at all prior to treatments. The machine sprays a numbing and cooling solution onto the targeted area right before the laser begins to pulse.
In the unlikely event that is not a suitable candidate for the Candela Gentle Max machine, we will work to determine which hair removal treatment and technology would work fine.
What if I cannot have laser hair removal treatments?
Unfortunately, not everybody is a candidate for laser hair removal. If one have tattoos in the area one wish to target, or if ones hair colour is incompatible with the use of laser treatment, we will help with an alternative method of hair removal.
An effective alternative method is electrolysis, which has been in use for over years. It is a painstaking, time-consuming process that involves the administration of an electric shock to each and every hair follicle.
Although it is undeniably less convenient than laser hair removal, electrolysis works on any hair colour, and it can be done over tattooed skin, or on areas of the body that are not recommended targets for laser hair removal.
How should I prepare ?
- Come in for a consultation. Before we can start the treatment, we need to assess the needs and determine whether laser hair removal is right or not. Come to the consultation with a list of any medical conditions and any medications one is taking.
- Stock up on razor blades. The success of laser hair removal is dependant upon the presence of pigment in the hair. If one use a hair removal method that takes the hair out of the follicle, such as waxing or plucking, one will required in order for the laser treatments to be effective. Therefore, for “>*several weeks prior to the first treatment, one should manage ones hair growth by shaving. This is also the case in between sessions.
- Avoid products that make the skin sensitive. Laser hair removal can be accompanied by some discomfort and skin sensitivity. One can maximize the results and minimize discomfort by avoiding products that contain ingredients like retinol and hydroquinone.
How much does it cost?
The cost of laser hair removal depends on a number of factors, most importantly the size of the area being targeted., like the bikini and underarm areas for women, and the sideburns or chin for men. Although results will usually start to be seen after the *first treatment, most people need four to six treatments to accomplish full results.
For some people, more treatments may be needed. This is sometimes the case in menopausal and peri-menopausal women, and individuals who are undergoing hormone therapy or who suffer from hormonal imbalances. We offer “results guaranteed” packages that give as many treatments as needed over an eighteen-month period.
Why choose Canada MedLaser Clinics?
Although there are many facilities offering laser hair removal in Toronto, there are several factors that set Canada MedLaser Clinics apart from the crowd. Here are just a few reasons to choose us:
- *The wellbeing of our patients is more important to us than the bottom line. We will not sell a series of sessions without first knowing that this is the right option.
- *If our assessment determines that one is not a viable candidate for laser hair removal, we will take the time to explore alternatives.
- * Our staff are highly trained, fully certified and come with years of experience.
- *We use state of the art equipment that is suitable for a wide variety of skin types and hair colours.
- *Our service does not end leaving at the end of last session. We always encouraged to contact us with questions or concerns, and to book touch-up sessions when needed.
- *We proudly stand behind our claims, and will offer * money back if one do not get the results that we promise.
- *Although we offer treatments at highly competitive rates, we understand that not everybody has the money to pay for a series of treatments up-front. Our patients have the option to finance their treatments for up to thirty six months.
- *We have two locations in the Greater Toronto Area, making us easy to get.
- *Thanks to medical supervision provided by qualified professionals, our services adhere to the strict health and safety guidelines established by Health Canada.
- *We don’t expect to take us at our word. We encourage to look around and do research. That is how confident we are.
For more information about Canada MedLaser Clinics, providers of laser hair removal in Toronto, call us today and book an assessment.