Our skin is the largest, live organ in our body and as such it reacts to the environment, the weather changes, and to the amount of UV in the atmosphere (The purple damaging sun light can cause sunburn, premature ageing, eye damage and skin damage leading to skin cancer).
The Canadian winter months are the perfect time to take advantage of the mild sun and long sleeves and schedule treatments which are less recommended in the summer time.
Laser Hair Removal is the ideal treatment for body areas that are normally exposed in the summer, when the treatment is done in the winter
- Although laser hair removal is perfectly safe treatment for the summer if the after care is properly followed, it is recommended to start treatment in the winter, when most body areas are hidden from the sun
- Laser hair removal, along with practically every laser skin treatment on the market grows in popularity during the winter months due to minimal sun exposure
- Patients who begin their laser hair removal treatment in the winter months will notice a significant decrease in their hair growth come summer time
Since peels are normally done on the face, this treatment is not recommended for the summer months. Therefore, it is ideally done in the winter. It also helps exfoliate dead skin, smoothing out any flakiness, redness, or dryness that the cold weather might bring on.
- Using fruit acids of various percentages, we slough off dead skin accumulated over the months and years
- If a patient has never had a chemical treatment in the past, the winter is the best time to start as it is recommended to have a series of 6 treatments of mild peels
- Chemical peels reduce acne, minimize pores, mild hyperpigmentation, dry skin, fine lines, and oily skin
- Even the most sensitive skin is suitable for peel treatments
Skin Resurfacing Treatments (Fractional)
Recommended for both anti aging and acne scar removal, this treatment is one of the more aggressive that we offer, therefore, sun safety is key when it comes to good results. Because this treatment is safer in the winter than the summer, we can treat the skin more aggressively, proving a quicker and more effective outcome
- The key to the fractional laser skin resurfacing treatment is to not only slough off dead skin cells, but to also induce collagen production
- Thanks to this treatment, we are able to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars all in one
Our cell turnover rate slows down in the winter. Not only does this treatment increase the cell turnover rate our skin naturally produces, it also helps to remove acne scars, and works beautifully for anti aging.
- Much like the treatments mentioned above, this one is best to do in the winter for less risk and better results
- Microneedling is safe for all skin types (Fitzpatrick I-VI)
- Unlike laser treatments, microneedling does not use heat or light to provide outstanding results