Nearly everyone has suffered from dry and dehydrated skin to some degree in their life, although some experience it daily, more often and more severely than others. It can affect any area of your body, however when it is on our face it can make us feel not only discomfort but also very insecure about our appearance.
There are several causes of dry skin, which is why it affects so many people. Living in Toronto and in Canada, we know that when winter comes, the drastic drop in temperature and humidity is likely to dry out our skin, and it is made even worse by indoor heating and hot showers. For other individuals, sensitivities to soaps, detergents and shampoos will cause skin to dry out as well. Furthermore, your risk of developing dry skin naturally increases as you get older.
Common Symptoms of Dry Skin:
- Flaking, scaling, or peeling
- Dullness or grayness
- Fine lines and cracks
- In severe cases, deep cracks that may bleed
While you can choose to use at-home remedies to treat dry skin, you may find that it does not work as well as hoped to eradicate the dry skin. At home treatments may hydrate your skin for a day or two, but then the dry skin comes back. Therefore, Canada MedLaser offers facial treatments and medical-grade products that are suitable for all skin types and will target your dry skin problems effectively and creates long lasting results.
Solutions to Treat Dry Skin and Restore Hydration:
The Aquapure facial uses innovative technology and intense hydration to cure your dry skin issues. It has a 4-stage system that each uses a different technology, delivered through each stage’s unique handset:
- Aquapeel– this stage uses an advanced microdermabrasion technique that will slough off the dead and flaking skin. It deep cleanses your skin, remove impurities and clears out blocked pores. It then triggers hydration and skin rejuvenation.
- Electroporation– this stage involves using stable electric currents to deliver nutrients deep into the skin, giving your skin a boost of intense hydration. Nutrients such as hyaluronic acid can be used, which attracts water molecules to help skin retain moisture, and increase the skin’s brightness.
- Micro-current– this stage involves using a micro-current technology to strategically boost circulation in your skin. As a result, the technology lifts and tightens the skin, while also stimulating collagen and elastin production at the same time.
- Cooling/heating– at this stage, a cooling technique is first used to minimize fine lines and wrinkles and promote skin repair. At the final stage, a heating technique is used for skin firming and toning; giving you a glow up AND a more chiselled complexion!
Vivier Skin Care
Canada MedLaser also offers a medical grade line of skincare that can be used, along with other cosmetic treatments that we offer for effective and long-lasting results.
The Vivier Skin Care line is recommended by medical professionals to treat skin for dryness, hyperpigmentation and for anti-aging. Vivier offers high-quality products with ingredients like vitamin C, vitamin E, and hyaluronic acid, which are integral for maintaining healthy skin. Vivier puts a strong emphasis on the science behind their skin care, and has created IntraDermal System technology to ensure that their products penetrate deep into your skin for optimal efficiency.
For the best results, you can combine the Aquapure facial with Vivier Skin Care to treat your dry skin. Using these two treatments together will leave your skin looking smooth and rejuvenated with long lasting hydration.
Contact Canada MedLaser today for more information or a free consultation.