Wrinkles are an inevitable and unwelcome part of aging that affects all of us. Wrinkles and fine lines on the face are formed due to repeated muscle movements, which are often utilized in facial expressions such as smiling and furrowing the brow. As we age, these lines only become deeper and more defined. This is due to our skin losing collagen, which reduces its volume and elasticity.
Common areas for wrinkles of the face are:
- Frown lines in between the eyebrows
- Crow’s feet and wrinkles around the eyes
- Forehead wrinkles
- “Lipstick lines” and lines in the corners of the mouth
- “Bunny lines” around the nose
- Dimples in the chin
Many skin care products promise to reduce their appearance with repeated use, however they can only penetrate the outermost layers of the skin. Wrinkles can only be fully treated by targeting the muscles underneath the skin. If you are unhappy with your wrinkles and fine lines, Canada MedLaser can help.
Cosmetic injections, like Botox and Dysport go directly into the muscle and will reduce wrinkles. This can take years off of your appearance. Botox and Dysport are brands of botulinum toxin A, which is a neurotoxin. They are prescription drugs that are safe to use cosmetically and are approved for cosmetic and medical uses by Health Canada and the FDA. Your medical aesthetician at Canada MedLaser can help advise you in which injection will work best for you based on your area of concern and the severity of the wrinkle.
Botox and Dysport work by being injected in to the muscle that creates the wrinkle and causes temporary paralysis of the muscle. When the muscle is paralyzed, it cannot contract and the wrinkle relaxes. Most people will not be able to tell you have had any procedure done and will be wondering how you look so refreshed and well rested! These results will last around 3-6 months, depending on the injection and how long it takes an individual’s body to break down the toxin. Time between treatments can increase with the more injections you receive, as the muscle “learns” how to behave.
Other advantages of Botox and Dysport are:
- Low risk, minimal side effects, and a wide variation of candidates
- Quick appointments—the injections themselves take only minutes, and results are visible within as little as 24 hours
- They are non-surgical treatments—less pain and less invasive
- No downtime required—you can go right back to work after an appointment
- Natural-looking appearance—treatment can be done all at once or can be done gradually over a few appointments to ensure you are comfortable with your results
Canada MedLaser offers complementary consultations where you can meet with a Registered Nurse who has years of experience in cosmetic injections and the Medical Aesthetics industry. The Registered Nurse can address your concerns and create a customized treatment plan using Botox or Dysport to treat the fine lines and wrinkles of your face. More youthful-looking skin awaits you! Contact Canada MedLaser for your complementary consultation today.