Many people wish that they could make some changes to their face, but do not want to go under the knife to do so. In recent years, the contouring makeup craze offered a way to enhance areas of the face but required a lot of time and skill for very temporary results. Hence, dermal fillers (also known as fillers) are a way to change or enhance facial features that provide a happy medium between the permanent surgery and daily makeup. More and more celebrities are now forgoing surgical procedures for non-invasive dermal fillers, which is sometimes called a “liquid facelift” or “mini facelift”.
Dermal fillers are well known in the treatment of wrinkles and for plumping lips and have become increasingly popular over the last several years. Their effects can also be used to sculpt and contour the face. Using fillers for sculpting and contouring is an amazing way to improve any problem areas of the face quickly, safely and without surgery. Recovery time is minimal and results can last 6 months or longer. Dermal fillers give a more enhanced and lasting result than contouring makeup yet at the same time also looks more natural. Fillers are used to create or restore volume, plump, hydrate, and smooth the skin. They can also be used to improve the symmetry of the face.
For contouring the face, dermal fillers can be injected in several areas:
- Lips- create more plump, youthful defined lips, and it can also help to improve lip symmetry
- Forehead- smooth out lines and contour
- Under eye area- improve eye bags and reduce dark circles, it can also add volume to the undereye area
- Jawline- reduce jowls and create a more defined jawline
- Neck- reduce neck bands and wrinkles
- Temples- fill out sunken temples by adding volume to that area
- Cheeks- make cheeks fuller and lift them by adding volume
- Chin- sculpt and elongate chin for a more enhanced look
- Nasolabial folds (also known as Laugh Lines or Smile Lines) – improve volume to reduce appearance of these wrinkles
- Facial contour- lift and tighten this area to achieve a more V-shaped look
Canada MedLaser only uses the best dermal fillers on the market that only contain hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a natural ingredient that is already in our skin, but reduces as we age.
It is a humectant, which means that it attracts and binds to water molecules and can hold over 1000 times its weight in water. When injected, the hyaluronic acid dermal filler delivers intense hydration under the skin, which increases its volume and creates a smoothing and plumping effect. Because hyaluronic acid is natural, it is very safe to use and there is little to no risk of allergic reaction.
The changes to the appearance of your face should be subtle, and most people will be unable to pinpoint the change—they will only notice that you look better! Once injected, it can also be dissolved right away by using hyaluronidase, if you are unhappy with any of your results.
Canada MedLaser is the leading clinic for medical aesthetics in Toronto that provides each client with professional, customized and effective treatments with FDA and Health Canada approved resources.
With a complementary consultation at Canada MedLaser, we assess your areas of concern and create a customized face sculpting treatment plan to fit your needs. Botox or Dysport may also be recommended to use in combination with dermal fillers for even better results.