Results to Expect from Professional Skin Tightening Treatments?
Sagging skin, wrinkles, and cellulite are skin issues many people want to reduce or get rid of. Most of the time, these skin challenges come with age. Other times, your genes, ethnicity, weight fluctuations, or stress can cause severe cellulite and loose, saggy skin.
Fortunately, technological advances in cosmetic procedures have provided professional skin tightening treatments to achieve their body goals. These procedures may be invasive or non-invasive, and each treatment works uniquely to achieve results.
Over the course of this blog, we will examine the effectiveness, reliability and what the research states about skin tightening treatments. Keep reading to get informed!
What Are Professional Skin Tightening Treatments?
Skin tightening is a medical procedure that makes the skin firmer, tighter and youthful. In its surgical form, it involves skin removal or adjustment while non-surgical skin tightening uses energy to target deep skin layers.
The purpose of any non-surgical skin tightening treatments is to stimulate elastin and collagen production thereby improving overall skin texture and tone. In addition, a few skin tightening methods may affect the fibrous tissue and help in smoothing cellulite.
When you choose professional skin tightening treatments in Thornhill, you should expect firmer skin within a few sessions. If you choose to go with surgical procedures, then the results will be permanent. However, most non-surgical treatments provide results that can be sustained with maintenance appointments.
There are several professional skin tightening treatments you can choose from. A VelaShape III procedure is one of them. In fact, over the past years, this skin tightening treatment has become increasingly popular. It’s a great alternative for those who don’t want to tighten their skin by going under the knife.
What is Velashape III?
A VelaShape III treatment is a non-invasive body shaping procedure. Like the VelaShape I and VelaShape II treatments, this procedure focuses on improving cellulite appearance and not curing it. Generally, the complete treatment is performed in three to four sessions.
A VelaShape III procedure isn’t a weight loss program. However, patients can use it to correct negative results or side effects of invasive skin tightening treatments like liposuction.
Common treatment areas include the:
Results to Expect From Velashape III Treatment for Skin Tightening
Typically, each session takes between 15 to 40 minutes, depending on the treatment area’s size and condition. On average, patients should start noticing reductions in cellulite appearance, smoother and firmer skin within a month to six weeks after the treatment.
In addition, a reduction in circumference of the treated area is usually visible within the first few sessions. Depending on your body and lifestyle, you may start seeing complete improvements after a single treatment.
How does the treatment work?
Non-invasive treatments require special equipment. For this procedure, the VelaShape III is the device that helps to eliminate cellulite and tighten the skin. It has a console with two applicators: the VContour and VSmooth. These applicators are connected to an umbilical cable, and they work based on the principle of four technologies:
- Vacuum suction technology: This draws up the skin in the target area to the energy source inside the VContour applicator.
- Infrared (IR) light: This heats the pulled target area’s tissues. Heat is the primary agent that helps in treating cellulite. During VelaShape III treatments, it is delivered by the VContour applicator.
- Bi-polar radio frequency (RF): This directs heat and ensures it goes quickly and deeply to the target area. With the IR light, the Bi-polar radio frequency perforates fat cell membranes, which releases glycerol, water and fatty acids. In turn, the chemical release stimulates collagen, the protein that strengthens connective skin tissues.The VelaShape III device has a smart RF that ensures consistent energy delivery. There’s also a real-time temperature sensor to control the heat application.
- Mechanical massage: The VSmooth applicator has rollers that create massaging motion on the skin. This helps with blood circulation and lymphatic draining, which are essential processes for healthy skin.
In a nutshell, a VelaShape III procedure feels like a hot stone massage. The device has five in-built protocols and four applicator covers for treating different body parts.
How Long Do Skin Tightening Treatment Results Last?
Like other professional skin tightening treatments, VelaShape III procedures aren’t permanent. For one-off patients, results can last for a year or two. However, patients that go for follow-up treatments once or twice a year see longer results.
Of course, how long the treatment lasts depends on factors like your age and the target area’s condition. Patients with severe cellulite often need more treatments to notice the long-term results of the procedure.
Who is a Great Candidate for a VelaShape III Treatment?
There have been more than 5 million independent VelaShape III treatments around the world. Despite its popularity, the procedure is only suitable for:
- Patients who eat right and exercise regularly: These guidelines improve the results of any professional skin tightening procedure.
- Patients with a Body Mass Index of less than 30: The procedure isn’t designed to reduce fat in obese patients.
- Patients that don’t have underlying health issues: Medical conditions like diabetes mellitus, cancer, or skin diseases affect the effectiveness of the procedure and collagen production.
- Patients that don’t have permanent or active electrical implants: These implants interfere with the electro-optical synergy that the device supplies to the skin.
- Patients who have realistic expectations of the procedure.
Velashape III Before and After: What To Expect
Follow these steps to get the best results from the treatment:
- Bathe: Clean skin makes suction easier and allows easy heat to get to your target areas.
- Moisturize and prepare for a skin exam: Your medical aesthetician will examine your skin to determine if you’re the right candidate for the treatment or not.
- Stay hydrated: While water helps to keep your skin hydrated, alcohol dehydrates it and causes wrinkles. Therefore, drink 2 litres of water before each session and avoid alcohol.
Follow these guidelines after getting VelaShape III for skin tightening treatments:
- Avoid potential mechanical damage: Don’t kickbox or massage the treated area for at least 48 hours after the procedure. It needs time to break down fat cells and tighten the skin
- Don’t tan the treated area: Avoid tanning lotions and beds. You should use only mild lotions and creams on the area. Also, if you must go out in the sun, use sunscreen. According to studies, products with an SPF rating of at least 30 protect your skin from sun exposure.
- Use cold/cool compress: VelaShape III treatments don’t usually come with the discomfort of surgical procedures. However, if you experience any, you can use a compress to relieve the pain. Don’t place ice packs on the treated area.
- Wash the treated area: You can use lukewarm water and regular soap to bathe. However, avoid exfoliants, scrubs or other harsh bathing products.
- Visit the clinic one week after the treatment: Your medical aesthetician will take pictures before and after your VelaShape III treatment. At these follow-up appointments, your medical aesthetician will examine the digital images for changes in the target areas. The results will help decide whether you need more treatment sessions or to stop the procedure altogether.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: Smoking leads to delayed healing and increased infections. Quitting smoking and drinking for at least three days after the treatment helps your skin revitalize itself.
What are the Benefits of a VelaShape III Treatment for Skin Tightening?
Some advantages of VelaShape III therapies are:
As a non-invasive procedure, you can get back to regular activities immediately after each session.
VelaShape III treatments don’t hurt. This means that the procedure won’t require anesthesia. Furthermore, the device has replaceable caps that keep your skin from directly touching applicators during the treatment.
That way, you won’t experience the discomfort of objects on your skin. Your beauty care provider may also numb the skin in your treatment area before the procedure.
Minimal side effects
When compared to other professional skin tightening treatments, VelaShape III procedures have limited side effects. You can expect some skin redness and mild irritation but that’s about it.
Quick procedure and results
Results from VelaShape III treatments are fast. You can start experiencing positive changes in about a week after the treatment is complete. The entire treatment also takes less than an hour because the VelaShape III device can reach optimal treatment temperatures in a short time.
Suitable for different climates and seasons
VelaShape III treatments work on all skin types and isn’t affected by weather conditions. Whether it’s winter or summer in Thornhill, you can still get professional skin tightening treatments.
Related article: Skin Tightening That Actually Works
What are the Possible Side Effects of Velashape III Treatments?
Generally, VelaShape III treatments are considered safe, and the benefits outweigh the risks. However, professional skin tightening treatments all have possible side effects. The good news is that these aren’t common. Within a few days, they disappear on their own.
Some side effects of VelaShape III therapies are:
This occurs among patients with sensitive skin, especially around their thighs and hips. The easiest way to address bruising is by letting your medical aesthetician know about your skin’s sensitivity. With this information, your beauty care provider will be able to monitor elevated heat levels from the applicators closely.
Redness and soreness
These side effects are associated with the IR and RF technology used in VelaShape VIII therapies. You may notice redness after the treatment but it should leave in a few hours.
These are uncommon side effects of skin tightening treatments. If the skin in the treatment area has been damaged before the treatment, then there’s a possibility of blisters forming.
Where To Get VelaShape III Treatment for Skin Tightening in Thornhill?
Since the procedure is painless and doesn’t require surgery, any licensed aesthetician or medical practitioner can administer VelaShape therapy for you. Before your first session, also ensure the aesthetician has experience using the VelaShape III device.
At Canada MedLaser, we encourage an exchange of information via a free consultation session. At your first appointment, meet your aesthetician to discuss your concerns, expectations and medical history. Ask them for their suggestions on how to treat skin laxity. Qualified medical practitioners should be willing to show you pictures capturing before and after a typical VelaShape III treatment. Finally, take your time to find a suitable and affordable medical spa that provides skin tightening treatments in Thornhill.
Cost of VelaShape III Treatments in Thornhill
In Thornhill, VelaShape III treatments may range between $225 to $700 for each session. This price tag depends on several factors, and the most influencing one is the target area’s size and condition. For example, you should expect VelaShape III treatments on your thighs to cost more than a procedure for your arms.
Your geographical location is another factor that can affect the cost of the treatment in Canada. For example, you would expect the cost of the treatment in Toronto to be higher than in Thornhill. The reason for this is simply to balance the demand and supply for the therapy.
Professional skin tightening treatments like VelaShape therapies are cosmetic procedures. Therefore, your insurance may not cover the cost. However, there could be other financial options you can explore to pay for the procedure.
Maintenance appointments are cheaper than initial VelaShape III treatments. In Thornhill, they cost $100 to $150 and involve follow-up measurements of the targeted area’s circumference, weight, and appearance.
Difference Between VelaShape II and VelaShape III Treatments
VelaShape II and VelaShape III are similar. The two treatments work using the same four technologies and have identical pre-treatment and aftercare procedures.
However, there are a few differences between the treatments, such as:
- The device: VelaShape II procedures are done with the VelaShape II device and vice versa.
- Treatment area: The VelaShape III has an applicator cap for neck fat, which is absent in the VelaShape II.
- The number of sessions: VelaShape II requires more sessions for patients to see results.
- Technology and effectiveness: The VelaShape II procedure shows good results and a few side effects. A clinical study of 21 participants showed that 85% of patients reported a 3-inch reduction or less in the amount of cellulite after a VelaShape II procedure. The VelaShape III is an improvement of the VelaShape II that achieves end point temperature faster.
FAQs About Professional Skin Tightening Treatments
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about these treatments:
Q1. Where do the fat and loose skin go to?
The heat from a VelaShape III therapy breaks down fat cells in the treated areas to toxins and other unwanted materials. With regular exercise and a healthy diet, your body flushes out these cells through the lymphatic system. Also, it boosts collagen production thereby helping your skin get nourished and tighter.
Q2. Are skin tightening treatments safe?
Generally, professional skin tightening treatments in Thornhill are safe. The non-invasive options like VelaShape III therapies have little to no recovery period. However, the side effects of the procedure may occur. Speak to your medical aesthetician to understand whether your medical history can lead to potential side effects.
Q3. Does the VelaShape III treatment hurt?
No, most patients find the procedure comfortable. Some describe it as a warm tissue massage they take during their lunchtime. The VelaShape III treatment is a procedure that accommodates different levels of skin sensitivity.
Q4. Is the VelaShape III treatment for men?
The VelaShape III procedure is for men and women as cellulite and sagging skin can affect both genders. However, more women seek the treatment than men. Cellulite is more common in women than men due to the distribution of fat cells, muscles and connective tissues.
Q5. Is there a way to predict the results of VelaShape III treatments?
There’s no way to predict professional skin tightening treatments, including a VelaShape III procedure. At best, a practitioner can only estimate the expected results based on results from other patients.
If you’re battling with loose skin, professional skin tightening treatments can give you tighter, firm skin.
We have top-class medical aestheticians with years of experience administering the treatment. They’ll be happy to provide you with suggestions, advice and treatment sessions to achieve your body goals.
Get in touch with our team of experts today for your VelaShape III treatment!
- Acne Scars
- Acne Treatment
- Age Spots
- Anti-Aging Treatments
- Bikini Line Hair Removal
- Botox Brow Lift
- Botox for Forehead
- Brazilian Laser Hair Removal
- Canada MedLaser
- Cellulite Removal
- Chemical Peel
- Chemical Peels
- Cosmetic Injectables
- Dark Circles
- Dark Circles Treatment
- Dermal Fillers
- Dermaroller Canada
- Double Chin Removal
- Dry skin
- Face Fillers
- Face Sculpting
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Forehead wrinkles
- Hair Growth Treatment
- Hair Removal
- Hair Transplant